Yep! You read the title of this post right. “Apostle Peter rose out of centuries past and became present and living in the current Successor of the Apostle Peter.” These words come from Cardinal Comastri as he spoke about Pope Francis’ visit to St. Peter’s tomb, which is located in the necropolis under the basilica.
Climbing back up the stairs and having reached the Clementine Chapel, Pope Francis became absorbed in prayer and repeated with a loud voice the three professions of Peter: “Lord, You are the Christ, Son of the Living God”; “Lord, to whom do we go? You have the words of eternal life”; “Lord, You know all things! You know that I love you!” At that moment, we had the distinct impression that the life of Peter rose out of centuries past and became present and living in the current Successor of the Apostle Peter. [source]
Hmmmm…. the plot thickens. It’s all very strange.
- The Papacy’s Claim to Have The Authority of the Apostle Peter (discerningspirit.wordpress.com)
- Pope wants all Christians to accept His claimed succession from Apostle Peter (ivarfjeld.com)
- Francis to pray at “city of the dead” in the Vatican (ivarfjeld.com)
- Pope Visits St. Peter’s Tomb Under Vatican – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Pope visits St. Peter’s tomb under Vatican… (cbsnews.com)
- Pope Francis Warns Catholic Cardinals Against ‘Demonic Wordliness’ (cnsnews.com)