A few weeks ago in Australia we had a special airing of the Oprah Winfrey show where she was talking about the new movie called “The Secret”. To be totally honest with you, it really just sounded no different to certain New-Age Christian teachings, those being “Blab it and Grab it” or the “Name it and Claim it” otherwise known as the “Word of Faith Gospel” and the “Prosperity Gospel“.
I had been over to the you-tube site to see the shorts of this world breaking ‘Secret’ and was not really impressed by it at all, thinking to myself, there is a sucker born every minute. Asking, how can anyone fall for this? Then sadly realising that this is actually exploiting those who feel that they have no real hope in life. With visualisation tools flashed up saying things like:
- I am a money magnet
- Everything I touch turns to Gold
- I have more riches than King Solomon’s mines
- Money falls like an avalanche over me
- There is more money being printed for me right now
- I am receiving money making ideas everyday
- I am receiving unexpected cheques in the mail
- I have more than enough money for everything I want
- I have my dream home
- I have the best of everything
- I am grateful and celebrate everyday
- I know when I ask for what I want, no matter what it is that I want, no matter how impossible it may seem, if I believe and know that it is mine, the answer must be… your wish is my command! (picture a Jinni/Genie coming out of the bottle saying that to you. By the way the Jinni originated from Islam, if you have read the Koran you would know that Jinni’s are demons!)
After the Oprah show aired, a trip to the local DVD store confirmed to me that “The Secret” had hit our shores. Yay…Not!
But then a few days later I was watching a show called “A Current Affair” and they had found that one of the teachers in the film “The Secret” is a con man! No suprise to me actually.
I have come across the original segment that aired recently on the you-tube site which I will post for you so you can check out one of “The Secret Teachers” try and save his behind when confronted in an interview.
And then I will post the follow-up you-tube that I have found about David Schirmer and ‘his little secret‘ that has now been unveiled thanks to “Current Affair”.
And this you-tube is a follow up to the first interview.